Saturday, March 1, 2008

Welcome to the world of Cowboys & Cupcakes!

Hello from Sunny (most of the time) Brisbane.

My name is Angela and I am a craftsperson! So what does that mean? I paint! I paint
anything and everything!

I began painting over 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest child, Cooper, now 3.4. I wanted/needed a creative outlet different to what I had been doing...ceramics (read pottery). I started painting personalised canvases for friends children and to my delight they were very well received...mostly by the parents, why didnt I give toys for their birthdays like everyone else did!...I know they will appreciate my gift when they get older!? Anyway, I thought I had something unique happening not to mention how much I loved this new expression of my inablity to sit still doing not much at all. In 2006
I met Ashlea from Bunnycup Embroidery. I now design for Bunnycup's online embroidery website where you can buy downloadable software and stitch or applique some gorgeous designs onto clothing, quilts towels etc., http://www.bunnycup.com/ We have been collaborating for the past 8 months and often share the highs and lows of working from home and being Mum's to very busy children! Ashlea has 2 children and I have 3, Cooper 3, Nic 17 and Sophie 19.

I have also worked with Alyssa from lyssymay
http://www.lyssymay.com/ creating some gorgeous greeting cards depicting what she does best...handmade handbags that are more than just a vehicle for your wallet and mobile phone, they are a work of art...wearable art!

I have been playing with an idea for the past 2 years and finally
this week it came to fruition. Hand painted drawer knobs...see I
told you I'd paint anything. Here is a photo of some of the
designs...what do you think?